So i have seen quite a few of these tags on other peoples blogs in the past, then last week i saw it on Megan Has OCD blog. Admittedly most of these seem to be 12 months old, so i am VERY late to the party. But it looked like fun so i thought i would give it a go.
So here are the 25 get to know me questions.
1. What is your middle name?: Bernadette. I really got a lot of stick for that when I was in school. But now i’m older I kind of like it.
2. What was favorite subject at school?: English Literature. I loved to read even when I was small and would fly through books. I still love to read but since I’ve become a Mum I really don’t have much time.
3. What is your favorite drink?:I mainly drink water. But diet coke is also a staple. My favourite drink in the WHOLE world is Frozen Butterbeer from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Islands of Adventure, Orlando. Its amazing!
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?: I don’t really have favourite songs as such. Although i love when Shake it Off by Taylor Swift comes on the radio as its great to dance to with my kiddos.
5. What is your favorite food?: I have a major sugar addiction. At the moment I love Ben and Jerrys Speculoos Specu-love Cookie Core. Its so good that its pure evil.
6. What is the last thing you bought?: The last thing I bought was a Dalmatian Onesie. This week at Gymnastics is animal week and Miley loves (I mean LOVES) Dalmatians. So a Dalmatian onesie it was. She adored it and was soooo excited, it was so lovely to see (the resulting meltdown was not so lovely)
7. Favorite book of all time?: This is totally impossible to answer.
The Hunger Games
Pride and Prejudice
Christmas at Tiffanys
The Last Song
The list goes on and on and on. Like I said I love to read and I read lots of different types of books.
8. Favorite Color?: I’ve never really thought about this. But I think it would have to be pale green or maybe a turquoise.
9. Do you have any pets?: We have two cats, both were strays that we adopted from the cats home. Timmy we’ve had for almost 12 years and Trixy we have had for 10 years.
10. Favorite Perfume?: My favourite perfume without a doubt is Calvin Klein Truth. I love it and as much as I may like other perfumes they just don’t compare. It has been discontinued! So i’m currently trying to build up a stock of it to last me for years to come. What can I say, I don’t like change!
11. Favorite Holiday?: I’m not sure if this means holiday as in a national holiday. Or holiday as in holiday destination. So i will answer both
My favourite national holiday is without a doubt Christmas! I love it. In the UK its the only holiday that we really make a big fuss of, but i think even if i lived somewhere else it would still be my favourite. I just love the magic of it all.
My favourite holiday destination is Orlando, Florida. When we go there i feel like i’m coming home. It has everything i could need, sun, sand, theme parks, good food, shopping, lovely people, lovely scenery and i speak the same language (so no anxiety over communication!). I know it isn’t for everyone, but i’m hooked and love it.
12. Are you married?: Yes. I married Simon back in 2010 at the Matara Centre in Tetbury. Its our 6th wedding anniversary next month.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: Yes. I first went to France for a family wedding when i was really small, then we had a family holiday to Turkey when i was about 10. After that as an adult i have been to Greece, Italy, Belgium, Turkey, France, the US and the Carribbean. I think I’ve been out of the country about 16 times in total. And we have a trip to Florida planned in April so that will be 17.
14. Do you speak any other language?: I only speak English.
15. How many siblings do you have?: I am the oldest of four siblings. I have two brothers and a younger sister.
16. What is your favorite shop?: My favourite clothes stores are H&M, Joules and Next. I also love the Disney Store and Accessorize.
17. Favorite restaurant?: My favourite UK restaurants are TGI Fridays and also a pub called The Old House at Home in Burton. In the states my favourite restaurant is the Olive Garden.
18. When was the last time you cried?: I cry quite often really. But generally always in private. I last cried yesterday. We are having some problems with our eldest which are proving to be emotional to deal with.
19. Favorite Blog?: I have a lot of blogs that i dip in and out of. Far too many to mention here.
20. Favorite Movie?: Just the same as with books, i’d be unable to narrow this down to just one!
Again HP, Twilight and Hunger Games all make the list. Along with :
The Family Stone
The Avengers Assemble
Guardians of the Galaxy
Pretty much any Disney Film
Mona Lisa Smile
21. Favorite TV shows?: Eeek! I can’t answer this either!!! I think if i HAD to choose one it would be between Friends and Grey’s Anatomy. I still miss Mark and Lexi from GA and i so wish there had been a different ending for them!
But then Gilmore Girls would be pretty close too. (who else is super excited about the reunion!!!)
And i also love love love these:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Pretty Little Liars
Once Upon A Time
22. PC or Mac?: PC
23. What phone do you have?: I have an IPhone 6
24. How tall are you?: 5’5″
25. Can you cook?: Not really. I can throw together a bolognaise or follow a basic recipe for other things. But i don’t enjoy cooking and i am certainly not a natural.
I do however like to bake.
So there you have it, a little bit more about me and the things i love. I hope you enjoyed reading along and i’d love to read your ’25 get to know me questions’ if you have them on your blog.